For lists and charts of milestones, weight gain, etc., see Rebecca's Main Page.
This page is intended to be a diary of sorts until she can write her own or choose not to.
(Click month to show/hide each month's entries)
|Jan. 4||took first photo, using Nikon Coolpix S6100; used touch-screen shutter feature. See image|
|Jan. 9||Late Christmas gift from Aunt Yanick & Uncle Yves: 2 outfits, 1 doll dress|
|Jan. 11||• 15-month checkup
• Size: 22 lbs. 4.8 oz., 2'6" tall (19" head circumference)
• Speech: learned consonant "S" (hissing & adding "s" to other words)
|mid-Jan.||Became proficient at holding multiple objects in each hand (already holding one thing in each hand, then picking up something else with spare fingers)|
|Jan. 26||Went down slide for the first time — spiral slide, Lions Club Park, Killeen|
|• Able to push/operate "Corn Popper" toy
• Repeated "duh, duh" (describing "the D sound") after TV character "Moose A. Moose"
• Able to operate "See 'N Say" toy without help
• imitated Mommy's motions of holding glasses and exhaling on them
|Slept through night (6+ hours at a time) twice|
|Feb. 23||Got first three "boo-boos" (scrapes). First one: boy pushed me down in Chick-fil-A playland; I got rug burn on my chin — didn't cry. Second and third: scraped both knees while walking in neighborhood — didn't cry until band-aids were applied.|
|Feb. 25||• Repeatedly spun around until got dizzy and fell down.
• Nodded "yes" for first time.
• 13th word: "No" (had been saying "nuh nuh" for several weeks)
|March 1||Size: 23 lbs. 6.4 oz., 2'7"|
|March 4||Size: 24.2 lbs.|
|March 7||• 14th word: "open" (ah bin)
• 15th word: "door" (durr)
• 16th word: "off"
|early March||Since mid-February, have been helping Daddy pull weeds in front and side yards while waiting for Mommy to come home from work. Beginning in early March, start asking to go outside by standing at door to garage and reaching for doornob; answer "ya" if Daddy asks whether I want to go outside.|
|March 13||End of nursing; end of feeding in middle of night.|
|mid-March||• like to play with doorknobs, open drawers/doors
• can identify nose, eyes, mouth — when asked
• can consistently answer yes/no questions with "nah" or "da" (sometimes "yah")
• can remove shirt or onesie by myself, if parents remove one arm first
|March 21||First bug bites: fire ants at neighborhood playground, 5-6 bites on hands/wrists.|
|March 23-29||• Painful poops each evening (due to increased cow's milk diet?); hopefully solved by lowered milk intake, introduction of Nido & lactose-free milk.
• try to put on pants by myself, even if already wearing pants.
|March 25||First picture with Texas Bluebonnets, on Claymore Drive.|
|March 28||Can say "Dora", after buying Dora the Explorer bath toy.|
|March 30||• Can say "aybee" (A, B); Daddy is trying to teach me the alphabet. I've never said the "S" sound, so the letter C will be hard.
• First bubble bath.
|March 31||• Can say "wee wee wee" (wiggle, wiggle, wiggle), because of song on TV show (Yo Gabba Gabba)
• Can say "wee doh" (window).
• At church, learned to shake hands; showed Daddy when I got home.
|April 2||• Cut 9th tooth: lower canine (right)
• First trip to zoo: Cameron Park Zoo in Waco, Texas
|April 4||• First play date: with Arianna at Carl Levin Park, Harker Heights, Texas
• First time playing in sprinkler; our front yard.
|April 6||Ate first ice cream cone, at Yank Sing Chinese Buffet in Killeen, Texas|
|April 8||Cut 10th tooth: lower canine (left)|
|April 11||Size: 22.0 lbs., 2' 8.5", head: 18.5"|
|April 12||Played with soap bubbles 1st time|
|April 15||Cut 11th tooth: lower molar (right)|
|April 21||Cut 12th tooth: lower molar (left)|
|April 26||Used baby potty for first time|
|May 8-10||Gram and Gramp visited from Oklahoma, bringing Christmas presents. Visited Salado & shopped in Killeen w/Mom & Gram(Wed., May 9)|
|May 11||• Cut 13th & 14th teeth: upper canine (left and right)
• 19 months old
|May 19||Started sleeping through the night (finally!), usually from about 8:30 p.m. to 7 a.m., sometimes longer|
|May 24||Had first soda/pop — strawberry Fanta from Mommy's straw|
|May 26||Helped Mommy cook, standing on step stool at counter.|
|May 30||Asked for breakfast cereal by pointing and saying 'Da'. Then ate it.|
|May||In April, began pointing at nose, eyes, etc. By late May, could point at them (nose, mouth, teeth, ears, eyes, toes, hand, hair) on demand, on self or others — even stuffed animals|
|June 1||able to clip the high chair's safety belt together correctly|
|June 3||imitate sleeping/snoring|
|June 4||added words: "iba" (eyebrow) and "boo-boo"|
|June 11||used "oombah" to tell Daddy I wanted music|
|June 12||• fed self entire meal with spoon
• walked all the way to playground (400 yards) without help
|June 14||ate full Chicken McNugget and some french fries|
|June 15||Weight: 24 lbs.|
|June 2012||• play at pool often
• help Daddy sweep grass clippings
• start getting "time outs" when I don't act right
• play at playground in mornings
• play with Kaylee (across the street) whenever we see her outside, and next-door neighbor kids
• can climb up and down stairs without help
• can lead Mommy/Daddy to things by pulling on their fingers
• pay attention to exterior when Daddy drives instead of car interior
|June 19-20||Daddy upgraded my bathroom: paint, light fixture, etc. (blog entry)|
|June 21||ate full serving of mac-and-cheese at Bush's Chicken|
|June 25||Put on shoes without help (Velcro sandals, on correct feet, and correctly attached.)|
|June 26||stopped being afraid of vacuum cleaner|
|July 2||Held coupons for Daddy at Target; handed them to cashier|
|July 3||• Ate a grape for the first time. (White, seedless)
• Daddy bought DVD player (two 9-inch screens) for car trips; enjoy watching Shrek and Shrek 2 in car
|July 4||• went to 4th of July parade in Belton (blog entry)
• ate soft-serve ice cream at Dairy Queen
|early July||Added new body part words like knee, eyebrow, belly, leg, arm, head|
|July 5||• day trip to see Uncle Zane in Arlington
• rode carousel for first time (The Parks mall in Arlington)
|July 8||played in the rain|
|July 10||• Cut 15th & 16th teeth: upper molars (left and right)
• a day shy of 21 months old
• shopped at Ikea
|July 11-16||• hosted Valentina and Vicky
• played at Zoomerang with Vicky
• new word: "fun"
• bounced on Daddy's air mattress
• ate at Schoepf's BBQ again, liked looking stuffed animals
• went with Daddy to return them to Austin airport, cried when Vicky had to leave (blog entry)
|July||• have daily "school" with Daddy, learning numbers, letters, colors, shapes, animals
• help Daddy pick up / throw away trash at playground
|July 18||visited Centex model homes, found a notebook and pencil and drew with them|
|July 24||had fun at RoomStore Furniture in Temple, then played at Temple Mall, then shopped at Furniture Zone in Killeen|
|July 25||• no longer the youngest grandchild; cousin Daniel was born today
• ate meatloaf and carrots for supper
|July 28||• floated around entire pool in inner tube floating device, learned to move by kicking legs
• first time: told Daddy my diaper needed changing
|Aug. 1||• recognized garage door opener at Lowe's
• used potty 3-4 times
|Aug. 3||new word: fall ("fah")|
|Aug. 4-5||• answered Daddy's cell phone when it rang (he was napping); talked to Mommy for a bit (blog entry)
• later used Daddy's phone to call Mommy's phone (without help)
• ate Chinese noodles, barbecue pork rib, pepper steak and a fortune cookie
|Aug. 6||• got new bunk beds; I helped Daddy assemble it
• made "K" sound for first time
|Aug. 15||ate lunchmeat for first time|
|Aug. 18||• got caught in the rain while talking to neighbors; Daddy and I spent nearly two hours in their house
• went to Joshua's (neighbor) 3rd birthday party; played with other children; tried cupcake frosting (didn't like it)
|Aug. 23||ran for first time, while racing with two boys on the sidewalk|
|August||enjoy pushing stroller, and pushing/pulling wagon on driveway and in garage|
|Aug. 24||ate first cookie (homemade)|
|Aug. 27||sweep grass clippings while Daddy mows (he bought a reel mower, it's not loud and scary)|
|Aug. 28||• Daddy painted my room pink ("Pink Stork")
• recently eating supper off Mommy's and Daddy's plates
|Aug. 31||make the "touchdown" sign while watching football with Daddy|
|Sept. 1-2||Took care of Daddy; he was sick. If he put his head down, I would grasp his eye sockets and say: "Dada?" to make sure he was okay.|
|Sept. 4-6||Mommy worked with me on potty training. I mostly ignored the instruction. I hold it while on the potty and let it go as soon as I'm off.|
|Sept. 7||• Ate Chinese take-out for supper
• Helped a neighbor rake grass
• Bumped heads with Daddy. He said it hurt. I hugged him and patted his back.
|Sept. 9||• Walked to the playground (1,580 feet) without help, but Daddy had to carry me partway back.
• Didn't like 'Rin Tin Tin' (1935) when Daddy tried to play it for me. Loved 'The Sound of Music' and 'Willy Wonka'.
|Sept. 11||• Can make my stuffed animals 'wave' a greeting.
• Enjoy rolling a ball across the top of the coffee tabele to Daddy.
|Sept. 14||Walked to the playground (1,580 feet) without help for the second time.|
|Sept. 15||• Went to party with parents; played with dogs & Arianna.
• Helped Daddy with chores in the morning.
|Sept. 18||Learning to race and play Hide 'n' Seek.|
|Sept. 19||After months of acting like food was torture, I'm starting to enjoy solid foods.|
|Sept. 22||• Went to a birthday party for Logan, two houses up the hill.
• Skipped my nap for the first time ever.
• Began undressing & removing diaper when I need a change.
|Sept. 23||• Second day in a row without a nap (but returned to napping the following day).
• Eating well for sixth day in a row.
|Sept. 28||Helped Daddy aerate the back yard & dig out rocks.|
|Sept. 30||Walked to playground three different times; had to be carried back each time.|
|Oct. 1-2||• Had first sandwich and sips of Powerade.
• Used potty twice in same day.
|Oct. 3||• Led older kids in play at the park, building a cake of wood chips.
• climbed to top of McDonald's playland equipment.
|Oct. 4||Swang on big-girl swings at playground.|
|Oct. 5||Flapped arms like bird to tell Daddy I wanted to fly.|
|Oct. 6||Rode Radio Flyer bumper car to the end of the street, trying to get to playground.|
|Oct. 7||Starting to combine two words to form short sentences, like "Mamajoo" (That's Mommy's juice) and "Doe ah" (Go outside).|
|Oct. 8||Received a few early birthday presents.|
|Oct. 9||Played at playground for over an hour.|
|Oct. 10-12||• Oklahoma trip for 2nd birthday.
• Stayed awake for hours as parents drove northward; finally slept after Italy, TX.
• Climbed Gram's stairs without help, walked around property with Karlee the dog, recognized Mom and Dad in a photo book, played in dirt, rode in golf cart, played with Morrow cousins, tried to blow out birthday candles, learned to say Ella's name and remembered other cousin's names.
|Oct. 13||Quit waving or smiling at neighbors.|
|Oct. 15||Ate grapes.|
|Oct. 16||• Doctor's visit; I was 2'9.5" and 24.2 lbs., got a flu shot.
• Went with Daddy to get gas, waved at school buses and motorcycles. Later, walked with him to get mail.
|Oct. 18||Trip to Sweet Berry Farm|
|Oct. 19||Ate entire meal with utensil for first time.|
|Oct. 20||• Ate entire Eggo.
• Recognized photos of cousins on the computer.
• Navigated through Flickr photos on Mommy's computer.
|Oct. 24||Visited zoo in Waco.|
|Oct. 25||• Found out I'll have a sibling. Mommy's pregnant.
• Favorite book is "Black, White, and Tan".
• Trying to use four-word sentences.
|Oct. 30||• Attention span is about 22 minutes, three times the average.
• Learning to pretend.
|Oct. 31||• Ate spaghetti for first time.
• Helped Daddy hand out candy to Trick-or-Treaters, ate my first lollipop.
|Jan. 2-4||Gram and Grandpapa came down to visit|
|Jan. 11-12||Slept "through the night", usually defined as six or more hours at a time (11:30 p.m. to 5:30 a.m.), repeated on following nights|
|Jan. 18||Sang with Daddy (said "ah-ah" regularly while he sang "Old MacDonald Had a Farm")|
|Jan. 25||Size: 11 lbs. 3 oz., 22.5 inches|
|Jan. 28||My first time in a business was at the Jackson-Hewitt Tax Services in Killeen, Texas|
|Feb. 11||Size: 11 lbs. 10.5 oz., 23.5 inches|
|Feb. 18||• Rolled over, from tummy to side to back, repeatedly
• Speech: learned the "L" sound; said "lay lay" several times, referring to Mommy and/or milk
|Feb. 22||Size: 11 lbs. 15.2 oz.|
|Feb. 23||• My first out-of-town trip was to Round Rock, Texas, and back, for an Ikea shopping trip
• My first time in a store was at Ikea, in Round Rock, Texas
|Feb. 26||• Rolled over, from back to side to tummy; confirmed later
• Held my bottle (drank a full ounce without help)
|March 1||Size: 12 lbs. 9.5 oz., 24 inches|
|March 10-20||Began holding bottle more regularly|
|March 22||Size: 13 lbs.|
|March 30||Moved four feet across floor (crawl/roll/creep)|
|April 2||Crept two feet to Mommy (on Mommy's bed)|
|April 10||I started solid foods, trying pureed bananas|
|April 11||Size: 13 lbs. 14 oz., 25 inches|
|April 20, 22||Recognized myself in a mirror|
|April 22||Sat up unsupported (corrected leaning with my hands)|
|May 2||Got my ears pierced at Claire's, Killeen Mall; one gold stud in each lobe|
|May 7||Crawled backward (still not crawling forward)|
|May 9-12||My first out-of-state trip was to Seminole County, Okla., to visit family. We stayed at Gram and Grandpapa's two-story house|
|May 15||Transferred toy between hands (and back again)|
|May 16||Daddy lowered my crib mattress|
|May 17||I at two (non-milk) meals in one day, having peas/carrots, then banana/pear|
|May 25||Crawling (just a few inches at a time)|
|May 27||Speech: learned the "B" sound; repeatedly spoke in syllables ("ba-ba-ba-ba")|
|May 28||My first time in a swimming pool was at the Yowell Ranch community pool|
|May 29||Cut first teeth — both lower central incisors|
|June 2011||• Speech: learned "G" sound; said "ga ga"
• Not sure when, but also started saying W ("wee"), M ("ma"), and N ("nee", "nay", and "ning")
|June 7||Began patting/tapping objects (instead of merely grabbing and chewing)|
|June 13||Pulled myself into standing position (using Daddy's arm as a ladder)|
|June 14||I had a bath in a sink, another first. It was in our kitchen sink|
|June 30||Size: 17 lbs. 3.2 oz., 26 inches|
|July 2011||• Speech: learned "H" sound; said "hay", "ha"
• Also began combing consonants and vowels differently ("ging", "ding", etc.)
|July 3||Pulled self into sitting position|
|July 4||Used pincer grasp to pick up individual Cheerios|
|July 7||Size: 17 lbs. 9.6 oz.|
|July 11||Typed my first comment on Flickr (signed into Mommy's account)|
|July 11||• Doctor's scale said I was only 15 lbs. 5 oz. We later learned that was erroneous, decided to trust home scale.
• Size: 17 lbs. 3 oz., 26.5 inches
|July 24||My first visit to an airport was at the Killeen airport (GRK) to drop off Valentina|
|July 25||Size: 18 lbs. 6 oz.|
|July 27||Made the "gimme" gesture (with right hand, palm up, opening and closing fingers)|
|July 28||Cut third tooth — left upper central incisor|
|July 29||First wave: ("good bye" wave to waitress at Clem Mikeska's BBQ, with left hand)|
|July 31||• Cut fourth tooth — right upper central incisor
• For the first time, I rode in a car without Daddy. (Mommy took me to church in Harker Heights.)
|Aug. 3||Speech: learned "R" sound; said "ray ray", referring to myself|
|Aug. 6||Cruised (4 feet, along edge of coffee table)|
|Aug. 8||• learned to shake my head
• pantomimed "eating puffs"
|Aug. 13||Size: 18 lbs. 12.8 oz., 27 inches|
|Aug. 15||Stood unassisted (Pushed myself up from floor and stood for a second) — within three weeks, I was standing everyday, as long as 20 seconds|
|Aug. 21||Baptized by Father Richard O'Rourke at St. Paul Chong Hasang Catholic Church in Harker Heights, Texas. My full name is now Rebecca Lisette Thérèse Fry|
|Aug. 25||Clapped hands|
|Aug. 26-28||My first time in a hotel was at the Hampton Inn in Odessa, Texas. We were there for Dylan Herrera's baptism.|
|Sept.||started "pointing" with outstretched fist|
|Sept. 2||Removed my pants while standing; then sat down and patted diaper|
|Aug./Sept.||learned to use tools (using one object to manipulate another object)|
|Sept. 7||Dexterity improvement: I can cross my index and middle fingers of either hand|
|Sept. 9||Speech: learned "long I" sound, as in "mine" or "die"|
|Sept. 10||Speech: learned "Y" sound ("yeah")|
|Sept. 11||• Dexterity improvement: I opened the battery compartment of Daddy's DVD player remote control
• Size: 20 lbs.
• Speech: learned the "V" sound, saying "vvvv" (like a motor)
|Sept. 15||Took my first steps (One step then sit down — several times)|
|Sept. 21||learned to spit|
|Sept. 25||Speech: learned the "long O" (said "Oh!" after a big yawn)|
|Sept. 26||• Saw my first thunderstorm — Daddy held me on the front porch.
• Took first bath in my bathtub. Really enjoyed it.
• Practiced walking; took four steps unassisted.
|Sept. 28||walked! (4.5 feet from loveseat to TV)|
|Sept. 29||climbed into my child-sized rocking chair without assistance|
|Oct. 3||first car ride in forward-facing seat|
|Oct. 6||took a trip to Sweet Berry Farm, including my first hay ride|
|Oct. 7||walking is replacing crawling as my primary method of movement; I walk throughout the house, most following Mommy|
|Oct. 7||My first word was "up". I use it for several things: announcing that I'll stand up or sit up, commenting that Daddy is tall, asking to be picked up, and even sometimes to refer to a bright light.|
|Oct. 10-12||Visited Fry grandparents for my first birthday (Dad's blog entry)|
|Oct. 11||My first birthday. I received the following gifts: From Mommy and Daddy, a Rock-a-Stack, stuffed pink dog, 'The Lord Is My Shepherd' book, a Mega Blocks dump truck, a Disney princess folding chair; from Aunt Zelma: My First Laptop toy; from Granny Fry: a pink bouncy ball and a smaller pink bounce toy; from cousin Cedwryck: a toy stuffed dog; from cousin Azariah: a toy stuffed dog; from Gram and Grandpapa: a rocking horse with electronic sounds; from godmother Kristen: a personalized Disney onesie; from Uncle Jean-Pierre: two complete sets of Love/Peace clothes; from Aunt Norma G.: $3 cash; from great-godmother Lorraine: $100 cash|
|Oct. 14||Size: 21 lbs. 0 oz., 28.5 inches|
|Oct. 26||First picnic, at Community Center Park in Killeen, Texas|
|Oct. 31||Dressed as a lamb for Halloween (All Hallow's Eve), but did not go trick-or-treating. I went to the door with Mommy and Daddy every time someone rang the doorbell and helped give away candy to other children.|
|Nov. 2||successfully stacked all the rings in my "Rock-a-Stack" toy|
|Nov. 7||My first time walking around in a store. At Home Depot, Mommy put me down and I ran toward the Christmas displays. Said 'hi' to several other customers. Later, when put down on an aisle, I ran back to the front and found the Christmas displays again. Daddy let me carry a carpenter's pencil.|
|Nov. 17||Cut fifth tooth: left lower lateral incisor|
|Nov. 17-20||Flew from Killeen to New York City (first two plane rides and first time in New York) for the wedding of Godmother Kristen to Ruben Aviles on Long Island. Saw the beach. Stayed three nights at Kristen's mother's house in Lynbrook, NY. (blog entry)|
|Nov. 24||• Cut sixth tooth: left upper lateral incisor
• Size: 29 inches tall
• walked backward
|Nov. 27||Thanksgiving Dinner, late because of Mommy's work schedule; ate at table with Mommy & Daddy; tried rolls, chicken, ham, etc.; wasn't too impressed|
|Dec. 4||• Shopped at Toys R Us; Mommy & Daddy bought my Christmas presents; they hid all but one; I got to play with the Playskool 'Busy Tumble Top'
• New words: Hat ('hatta') and Belt ('betta')
• Cut seventh tooth: right upper lateral incisor
|Dec. 5||• New word: Helping ('heh pen') — said while 'helping' Mommy with Christmas cards
• New word: Happy ('happ ah'); first said to cashier in The Gap, repeated later at home
|Dec. 9||Eighth word: Paper ('paa paa') — said while taking paper from the recyling bin|
|Dec. 10||Used ASL sign for "eat" (meant "water" or "drink"); repeated next day|
|Dec. 11||• Rolled a ball back and forth with Daddy, about 12 inches traveling distance
• Communication: waved hand in front of nose, then grabbed tummy and doubled over, signaling bowel movement
|Dec. 16||Helped Daddy assemble Radio Flyer Pathfinder Wagon; took first ride in it. (It's a Christmas gift from Aunt Norma G. and Aunt Marie-Josee.)|
|Dec. 17||Learned to spin around|
|Dec. 19||Played in rain for first time (Daddy opened garage to show me the rain; I ran out into it and made him catch me.)|
|Dec. 21||Cut eighth tooth: right lower lateral incisor|
|Dec. 22||• 9th & 10th words: "baa" (bath) and "bah" (ball)
• "uppa" refers to diaper/wipe
|Dec. 23||• 11th word: "mama" (finally clear that it refers to Mommy)
• Daddy cut his hair. I was scared at first, then shy around him for a couple of hours.
|Dec. 24||• 12th word: "bah-bah" (bye-bye, coupled with wave)
• Opened Christmas presents a day early (blog entry). Received: (from Mommy & Daddy) VTech Sing & Discover Story Piano, VTech Learn & Dance Interactive Zoo, Fisher Price Classic Corn Popper, Fisher Price See ‘N Say, Playskool Busy Tumble Top [opened early]; (from Valentina) Playskool Busy Poppin’ Pals, Fisher Price Classical Stacker; (from Aunt Heather) Fisher Price Classic Xylophone; (from Tara) sand dollar tree ornament; (from Barbara Delaney) clothes; (from great-Aunt Norma Gillespie & great-Aunt Marie-Josee Lecorps) Radio Flyer Pathfinder Wagon [opened early]
|Dec. 25||first actual chore: dropping used diapers into Diaper Genie|
|Dec. 27||great-aunts Norma Christian and Janice Rawlings visited us in the evening, on their way home to Oklahoma from Mission, Texas|
|Dec. 28||spent all morning with great-aunts Norma and Janice in Salado, Texas, in antique and collectible stores, before they headed back to Oklahoma|
|Oct. 11||born 2:18 a.m. at Scott & White Hospital in Temple, Texas, 4 lbs. 9 oz. and 18 inches long. eyes were dark blue (but changed to brown within two weeks).|
|Oct. 13||• respirator removed, small nasal breathing tubes inserted
• fed orally for first time, taking 5mL of Mommy's milk from a bottle
|Oct. 14||began UV light treatment (for suspected jaundice)|
|Oct. 16||• nasal breathing tubes removed
• UV light treatment finished
• My first smile
|Oct. 17||IV removed; nasal feeding tube inserted|
|Oct. 18||I surpassed my birthweight and am now 4 lbs. 9.7 oz. (18.5 inches long)|
|Oct. 21||moved to "Continuing Care" room in NICU|
|Oct. 23||I moved from my Isolette to a crib, still living in NICU|
|Oct. 25||• I used a hand gesture to tell the nurse the lights were too bright
• passed "crib test", which means I maintained body temperature outside the Isolette for 48 hours
|Oct. 28||• oximeter removed from foot
• surpassed five-pound mark; now I weigh 5 lbs. 3.4 oz.
|Oct. 31||took entire bottle for first time (48mL of Mommy's milk)|
|Nov. 1||• moved to transitional nursery
• I breast-fed for the first time, supervised, in NICU
|Nov. 2||regularly taking all my food orally (no more gavage)|
|Nov. 3||• nasal feeding tube removed
• passed "car seat test" (slept in car seat without trouble)
|Nov. 4||passed hearing test|
|Nov. 6||• Took my first car ride, from hospital in Temple to house in Killeen, Texas
• I finally arrived at home, after 26 days in NICU
|Nov. 7||Size: 19.5 inches|
|Nov. 12||• Had my first doctor's appointment, with Dr. Nickel, at Scott & White clinic in Killeen, Texas
• Size: 6 lbs. 7.5 oz., 19.5 inches
|Nov. 13||• Began reaching for / grasping objects
• lifted head while lying on tummy
• turned head from one side to the other while lying on tummy
|Nov. 14||tried to talk, making vowel sounds with vocal chords|
|Nov. 15||"scooted" for the first time (moved about six inches while on tummy)|
|Nov. 19||Size: 7 lbs. 2.5 oz., 20.0 inches|
|Nov. 25||tried to hold bottle while feeding|
|Nov. 26||• pulled off Mommy's glasses with one quick reach-and-grab
• this was my original due date
|Nov. 30||• Got my first RSV shot, at Scott & White clinic in Temple, Texas • Size: 7 lbs. 12.5 oz., 20.5 inches|
|Dec. 2||Dad obtained birth certificate from the county courthouse in Temple|
|Dec. 6||first laugh, repeated over the next few days|
|Dec. 10||Size: 8 lbs. 13.0 oz., 20.5 inches|
|Dec. 13||held and shook my rattle|
|Dec. 16||used a specific sound to call for Daddy: "a da"|
|Dec. 17||Size: 9 lbs. 1.0 oz., 20.5 inches|
|Dec. 20||Size: 21 inches|
|Dec. 25||My first Christmas. I received fuzzy slippers from Barbara Delaney and an airplane ornament from Uncle Bobby|
|Dec. 28||Size: 9 lbs. 11.5 oz.|